Yahoo! Avatars

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Thing 17: ELM Productivity Tools

17.1: Search Alert
After some initial confusion (I was worried about the new directions, but they were simple after all), I happily subscribed to a "Cake Recipes" feed through EBSCOhost MasterFile Premier. It's not at all professional, but a girl has to indulge occasionally ;) They aren't full text recipes, but I work in a library, for crying out loud, and I can find the magazines that they're in.
17.2: Ebsco Page Composer
When I tried to watch the video on Page Composer, it merely froze my computer. :( Being foolish but persistent, I attempted it again, with the same results. It didn't update Quick time or show me anything. So...
Later: I've spent a good healthy chunk of the evening making my website on Page Composer. I just had to wing it, but it went fine. My topic is Fairy Tales, and I divided the page into links to relevant book reviews, full-text articles and articles of interest that you'd need to track down in the actual periodical (many from Marvels and Tales). Maybe I'm missing something, but I found editing the page very tedious. To put my links in order, I had to move them up and down the page by arrow. The screen was so long (horizontally) that it was difficult to see what I was moving. So, editing took quite a while. I enjoyed creating the page though, and I saved it to my flash drive and sent it to my work email, private email and my boss (Hi Maureen!).

No comments:

Search my home library

My Library Dream Pet

Adobe Flash Player version 9 is required for display of this Spongecell widget.

Please install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player from Adobe.

If you have already installed Adobe Flash Player version 9, please make sure that your browser supports javascript.

Read Me