Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, July 11, 2008

More Thing 17

17.3: ProQuest:
I made a webpage of links doing exactly what the directions stated. It went smoothly.
17.4: NetLibrary:
I made my NetLibrary account, followed the instructions, and learned how to make notes on the contents of an ebook. Smooth again.
None of the instructional videos ever played for me, but that was okay.

These tools would be helpful to patrons in doing research and keeping current with personal interests. I can see that the Search Alert and notes option on NetLibrary would be something I could mention to patrons regularly, when I tell them about any of the databases.
The web pages of links would be more for our student population, I would guess.
Any of these tools would make sharing information between colleagues simpler, and I probably would use them that way before I use them personally.

No comments:

Search my home library

My Library Dream Pet

Adobe Flash Player version 9 is required for display of this Spongecell widget.

Please install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player from Adobe.

If you have already installed Adobe Flash Player version 9, please make sure that your browser supports javascript.

Read Me