Yahoo! Avatars

Monday, August 4, 2008

Breaking Dawn Book Controversy

The following contains No Spoilers!

The first thing I did when I got in today was check the reviews on Amazon of Breaking Dawn. Our party is Thursday and I was curious to see how things were going. I was quite surprised to find that many reader reviewers were very disappointed in the book. Many also loved it. I won't go into any detail here, but now I'm very interested to hear the reactions of our teens and my library coworkers who will be reading the book. I also would like to hear Stephenie Meyers' reaction to her disappointed fans. It would be difficult to be her and have to please all of her readers, many of whom love the series to distraction.
As for me, I read Twilight, but it just isn't for me. So, I'm not emotionally invested in the new book. Still, I'm looking forward to our party. Check back for details!

1 comment:

The Floating Lush said...

I'm fully in the "ARGH!" phase right now, and very frustrated, but I will reserve final judgement until I've finished the whole thing. (I'm about halfway through.)

I know Suzie isn't pleased right now either, and I don't think Mary's started reading it yet.

Search my home library

My Library Dream Pet

Adobe Flash Player version 9 is required for display of this Spongecell widget.

Please install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player from Adobe.

If you have already installed Adobe Flash Player version 9, please make sure that your browser supports javascript.

Read Me