Yahoo! Avatars

Friday, August 15, 2008

Cleery Superhero!


Here is me (AKA Cleery) as a superhero, courtesy of HeroMachine: http://www.ugo.com/channels/comics/heromachine2/heroMachine2.asp

Making this was very fun, and in truth she looks much more like me than my cute but skinny little "plus size" Yahoo avatar (apart from the huge hands and feet). I'd rather have a book in her hand than a staff, but that wasn't an option, and maybe if her staff is game she can magic one up! I also immortalized my former faithful library rat JoJo as her mighty companion.

When I worked at the Prescott Public Library in Prescott, AZ,

http://www.prescottlibrary.info/

JoJo and his brother Smores were very sweet and lovable pets in our children's section. Jo was a fuzzy grey Dumbo rat (the official term for extra large ears) with a curly Rex coat. The kids named our ratties in a contest, and the boys lived in a birdcage on the Children's desk during the week, and at home with me on our days off. Rats actually make very good library pets. They should not bite, they stay awake when you are around and they can be taught to do tricks!

http://www.avidpet.com/petcare/trick-training.htm

JoJo and Smores were handled every day by eager kids and their grown ups. They attracted pet lovers of all kinds to my desk. So, here's a big kiss to them, and Jo, I hope you enjoy saving the world with Cleery!

No comments:

Search my home library

My Library Dream Pet

Adobe Flash Player version 9 is required for display of this Spongecell widget.

Please install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player from Adobe.

If you have already installed Adobe Flash Player version 9, please make sure that your browser supports javascript.

Read Me